More Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak images

Volkswagen Motorsport’s new pure-electric all-wheel drive prototype has been named I.D. R Pikes Peak.

It’s a supremely logical choice. ‘I.D.’ is the label being applied to the brand’s electrified vehicles, ‘R’ already denotes high-performance Volkswagen models and the car will compete at this year’s Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in June.

Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak 2018 Top

Technical specifications remain secret for now, but a couple of additional renderings have just been released.

Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak 2018 Rear Side

As has been previously declared, Volkswagen wants the I.D. R Pikes Peak to break the event’s existing electric-car record. To achieve that goal, the 12.42 miles (19.99 kilometres) course needs to be covered in less than 8 minutes 57.118 seconds.

Related post:
Volkswagen is building an electric PPIHC car

Comments

Popular posts:

Alfa MiTo TwinAir arrives

Honda WSB team launch